Let Down the Library Bun and put on the Belt

Hi-YA! (Miss Piggy would be proud) I am excited to share with you that I have earned my first belt! I am now a white-yellow belt with two black notches (for attending classes.) It's been so much fun and great for stress! The night I promoted to white-yellow started off as a rough day at the north but eventually progressed into a positive Hi-YA adventure! Beating the yell out of a punching bag (I meant to say yell)and doing round kicks (my favorite kind) really takes one's mind off of things. I highly recommend Tae Kwon Do for everyone. The philosophy message for September was reliability... October is creativity (one of my favorite things).I like the all around well-ness aspect of it. And Jerry and Lari Sponseller ROCK! I adore them and the school. Speaking of creativity, I am seriously considering writing a column for a newspaper based on my adventures and mis-adventures with life. I have thought of "Adventures With Greenie" (car stories and tips) or "The Writing Librarian" or "Adventures with Greenie and the Writing Librarian?" This is in addition to my library gig. A couple of my friends have suggested it and I'm thinking, why not? Right now I can't imagine doing anything else but enjoy happy bun-ness, silly writing, indulging in carb attacks, doing tae kwon do, hanging out with family, friends,fur children, and reading! (Sometime I'll add in drumming again... when life settles down.) Book suggestion: I read Devil in the White City by Erik Larson for book club. Very cool. It's about the World Fair in Chicago in 1893, from the perspective of two men: an architect and a serial killer. Cree-py, but beautifully written. I will quote my cousin "Dr. Holmes is a freak-show!" Yup. Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts