More snowy thoughts, reception, santa's little imp, and happy mileage to greenie!

Saturday Hello there, I am in my long robe contemplating a long winters nap. It's been a busy and positive week, and with the heavy snow and holiday season here, I'm happy for the most part. I tend to soak up other people's vibes, emotions, and stress, so I am weary today. A half-frozen cat rescue at the library yesterday also zapped my energy. I attended taekwondo this morning despite the fact I was a bit shy about returning. A stressful day combined with a stressful class resulted in tears earlier in the week. I didn't even stay to receive my black tip. I have to learn not to take myself so seriously! And humility and self-control are part of the program, so I sucked it up and went back. And of course, everyone was so wonderful and kind. The self is the worst critic, hmmm? Anyway, the positive energy from the school rubbed off on me. Walking on my the way back from class,a young college student was very flustered and frustrated(sounds familiar). Her car was plowed in from the snow. With a couple of kindly neighbors, we were able to dig out the snow, scrape and squirt her car windows with de-icer, and help her open her frozen car door. She was able to break free and drive around the block to a cleared space. Mission successful. I drove on my merry way to Walgreen's, picked up scripts and goodies there, resisted the temptation to purchase the magazines, and drove home. Friday: the night before Last night was terrific. Steve and I were invited to a reception for a friend's published book. We are so proud of him! I was also very excited to see inga, my friend from Vermont. I just love her! We were able to be so silly, too, which I needed since I wandered into the land of ultra responsibility (a branch) this fall. We also purchased the book the hole in me since the day you died. Inside the book are seven stories of people who have lost loved ones and their recovery through art. The paintings are both beautiful and haunting. We also listened to the stories of the seven people at the reception. Wow. Talk about inner strength and resilience. Tonight I will be Santa Martha's (my mother) little imp and decorate her real evergreen. (She does have a fancy toilet-brush tree in the living room). That's all for now... oh, and Greenie turned 46,000 miles today! Happy Mileage to you, Greenie! -xoxo lolo

Comments

Popular Posts