Ghost Mouse

Hi There, My poor husband granted me permission to tell this story. It is a good one, as I giggle while describing our latest mis-adventure. Last Sunday we enjoyed the day off together, reading the newspaper and getting ready to watch Shrek 2.(On an aside note, I loved the 2nd one even more. I adore Puss-n-Boots.) Anyhoo, whenever I clean, I always carry a plastic bag for recycled paper. As a writer, I tend to accumulate paper, especially through jotted notes of inspiration. (The plastic bag plays a key role in this story, so bear with me.) This plastic bag was located near the chair on the front porch. I forgot to dispose of the bag. Before we watched Shrek 2, we let our three lovely spoiled felines out for a bit of what we call "porch-time." Well, we crack the door open so they can enter and exit at will. (We do not have extended porch time in the winter.) Java nonchalantly stretched on the arm of the couch, paw extended. Jack and Latte opted for the adventures of the porch. When Steve stepped onto the porch to herd the fur children inside, he informed me the bag was wiggling and Jack and Latte sniffed around the bag. (The phrase "I smell a rat" can be inserted here. *Giggle*) I heard a shriek from the porch. Could that be my deep-voiced husband? Apparently, a large brown mouse with a long brown tail leaped out the bag and scampered across the floor. Two of my brave feline hunters ran inside and halfway up the stairs. Steve slammed the door to the house and opened the outside door to the porch. I peered out the window and he was looking around for this apparent creature. He came back in and told me what happened. I started to giggle. I couldn't help it. I asked him if there was anything *giggle* I could do to help. I suggested to take Jack and Latte out with him again. (Java was uninterested. She was supervising from the comfortable arm of the chair.) So Steve and I herded the cats outside again. While Steve was looking around the porch, both cats took refuge on two couches on the porch, and drifted off for an afternoon nap. So much for our brave mousers. Steve found a small opening and covered it. We still never found that mouse and I never saw it. So I am teasing Steve that it was a "Ghost Mouse" hence the title of this story. As always, Steve is a saint and great material for our adventures. Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts