Front Seat-An Introduction

Hi there, Here's my introduction to Adventures with Greenie--Good Fortune and Lucky Sevens. Thought I'd give you a sneak peak. (Warning: Don't read this while eating--you may get carsick.) Introduction--Front Seat Why seven? You may ask. Because it's a nice number, really, especially when I can place the dash in to make it a francais seven! Mai ouis! It is also the number of the month (July) I was born and married (Not at the same time, of course). Seven in seven different languages (To be announced, need to look this up). The underlying reason I used seven is to tie the whole book together! (Insert librarian here). I compose blurbs and snippets in journals, on scraps of paper, on the laptop, etc. I was literally writing all over the place. Seven keeps me grounded. I still remember as a kid, my intelligent older sister and I had this game where we would yell "front seat!" and whomeever yelled first, got it first. It was kind of our version of "Shotgun." It drove the parentals insane. We'd slink around wait until the opportune moment, and call it out first. At this writing, with the invention of air bags, front seat would not have been an option until we were old enough to reach the pedals. One of my poignant memories of travelling was my first recollection of car sickness. Anne had yelled "Front Seat" and I was stuck in the back of a nice Oldsmobile. (Need to ask Mom about the color). My mother drove us to Midland, Michigan, a 5 hour drive. My father travelled with his job, so the lucky parent was spared. Anyhoo, I was queasy, the sun was shining on me and my blue slush puppy was not settling well in my stomach. Then the magic moment occurred when I spewed brilliant blue slushie all over the backseat of the car. I recall it was like Linda Blair in The Exorcist, but blue. And my head didn't spin.) My sister was freaking out and turning green so Mom gave her some money and told her to scoot. (She practically jumped out of the car as we drove in to the parking lot of a restaurant. Burger Chef, I think.) My sister left before the puke party proceeded. I can honestly say I haven't consumed a blue slushie and mother and sister take me very seriously when I announce that I am not feeling well in the car. She doesn't call front as often now, especially now that we both drive ourselves. Now that you know TMI(too much information) I will proceed on my journey with cars. Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts