Essay for Taekwondo: Part Two

Here's the next segment. (It's easier and less daunting for me to write in pieces.) Love, Lolo Upon entering the school, I was hesitant, insecure, and vulnerable. As a person who was not particularly athletic and was the last proverbial student to be picked on the athletic teams in school, I had my concerns. Will I get hurt? Are the instructors mean? Does this program encourage people to learn how to fight? At this writing, I am happy to report that, no, I did not get hurt, no, the instructors are kind and patient, and no, the program encourages people to work on the self, only to use techniques learned in self-defense. In my opinion, Martial Arts students are people from all ages and backgrounds who come together to work on developing the self--mind, body, and soul--so we can be better people, contributing and positive members of society. Like the instructors, Martial Arts students are humble and kind and always want to assist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Reflections on this Week