Wild Animal Weekend

(Three Kittens, LCS 2008)
(Beauty the Cat and Kittens LCS 2008)


(Fiddler's Hearth LCS 2008)
It was a wild weekend and the highlights involved animals. :) While I was playing library on Saturday for an important community redevelopment meeting, Steve was taking care of domestic home stuff .While driving home, I called Steve and he told me about his hilarious adventure. I laughed so hard I almost had to pull over.

(Yes, I used to be one of those people who made comments about people driving and chatting. Now I am one of those offenders.)

Steve was in the process of putting the garbage cans away and he happened to peer into one of them, only to be greeted with a pair of beady eyes. As he jumped about ten feet and ran to the porch, this very round, lethargic raccoon crawled out of the can. We are now going to have to purchase a new trash can, because this one was trashed (pun intended.)

Saturday night we visited friends. It was a good time.

Today I played conga drums in church today and it was a lot of fun. This afternoon Steve and I ran a couple of errands. I was not going to do anything tonight and even canceled out on book club, but a friend called me at the last minute and somehow connived me to drive her out to Fiddler's Hearth (an Irish Pub downtown) and I would be the designated driver. I'm so glad I did. Before and after we visited the pub, she showed me kitties that she is fostering temporarily. There is a mama cat and three tiny kittens. I was in love.

We met up with another friend at The Hearth, sat outside, and listened to Irish musicians playing music. It was a beautiful day.

Comments

Popular Posts