Animals, TGIF, and Swilling Red, Red Wine

(Jack the Cat and Lo LCS 2008)
Thank goodness it's Friday. (Yes, TGIF!) It's been a tumultuous week, but I survived it. Thursday night after seeing the parents (thank God no hospital visit), Steve and I visited friends. It was nice. Steve went out into the garage to hang out with the guys, and I went inside to visit with my friend. They have a great son (who was sleeping) and two wonderful puppy dogs: Butch and Lucy. It was nice to have a dog fix and enjoy some red wine with a girlfriend. We chatted for a long time and that was comforting. And when times get weird, it's good to grab your favorite pet (fur or human) and just hang out with them, and they love it, too. And the wine glasses were unique, as there were no stems. Just small glasses with the word vino etched on them. Very cool. Think I am going to get a set. They will be easier to wash and just look modern. (Plus, as my friend pointed out, not as tippy as you get tippy...) Today I played library and got ready for the Open Book Festival tomorrow. we were going to go to the dinner with the committee and the authors but just couldn't. I am just too drained and want to be fresh for tomorrow. Steve will be Skippyjon Jones, a Storybook character. I promise I'll post some really cute photos from the weekend. Also, Steve and I will be attending two parties Saturday night, so we will have photos and fun memories to share from the day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lori, I love the hair! Theresa

Popular Posts