Friday Night Write

(September Sunflowers LCS 2008)
It's Friday night and I'm a little stir crazy from sleeping, lounging around, writing, and paying bills. At least I'm resting and not in the hospital. That was Thursday's (yesterday's) drama. I experienced back pain and stomach pain and felt worse than the day before. I make arrangements for work coverage, leave work, call the doctor, and he advises I visit the ER. So Steve (bless his heart) takes the afternoon off and meets me at home. We take off for the hospital. Fortunately, it is slow, so I get to go into a room right away where I could lie down. They take my vitals, and then they take me to another room. There I get to sport the pretty little blue and white gown with the ties in the back. I honestly thought I was going to get a cortizone shot for my bronchitis and be on our way. Uh-uh. They put me through the proverbial ringer with an IV, blood tests, x-rays. The new tech bumped my IV while I was getting my x-ray and pulled on it (OUCH). So I have two bacterial infections and was released from hospital hell at 5:30 p.m.. Thank goodness. Now that I've convinced you I'm a little old lady with her ailments, I'm looking forward to a new week- sans drama.
I did finish the Madonna book by Christopher Ciccone: Life with My Sister Madonna. It was interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts