Open Book Festival,Trio's,C's Birthday Soiree, and Another Party Today

(Steve as SkippyJon Jones and Lori, 2008)
(Drums and RhythmWorks! 2008)
It's been a busy weekend in my world. On Saturday, I participated in our 7th Annual Open Book Festival for the Library. I don't know the exact count yet, but the door count was at 1,800 at noon, so we had A LOT of people. Mo Willems, Jim Gill, MadCap Puppets, Gene Ha, and RhythmWorks brought in crowds of people. Our drum circle alone brought in over 100 people. It was crazy and fun! We also had costume characters. Steve was Skippyjon Jones. I love the ears! After leaving Open Book, I took a serious nap. After napfest, I got dressed up in my black leather boots and short black dress in preparation for a friend's birthday party at Trio's. I love this place because of the jazz club and the ambiance. It was fun to see my feminist film friends there. Ironically, I also got hit on (yes, Steve knows all about it. He was amused.) I was pleasantly surprised. Steve picked me up after 9:00 p.m. and took me to our friend's house for his birthday. It was fun. We stayed and chatted until midnight. Then we returned home. I completely slept through church (again) and woke up around 1:00 p.m. Then we visited Steve's parents, who had a gathering. Mom's garden is gorgeous! My parents made an appearance, despite the fact Mom was feeling terrible. :( Anyway, Steve and I ran errands and came home, and I uploaded photos on Facebook and am of course, blogging. I look forward to a calmer week. I am finally feeling well enough to resume taekwondo and Fitness USA. I wish you a happy week.

Comments

Popular Posts