The Kindness of Children

(Jack on the Table SJS 2008)
Steve and I are blown away by the kindness of children. One child, in particular. One of our dear friends has a son who loves cats. We sent him photographs of our kitties and he loves them! When our friends gently told him that Jack died, the son was very sad and even cried (bless his heart.) So he asked if he could send us a card to tell us how sorry he was.

So on Wednesday, I receive this card in the mail. I open up the envelope and there is a hand-drawn picture of Jack as an angel with wings and a halo and the front page read, "I'm soree." Then I open up the card and there is a photograph of Jack. He also drew the picture of Jack like the photo. The card reads, "I am soree that Jack died. I hope you reembar him as a good cat." Steve and I are so touched. I called our friend's child and thanked him for his kindness and told him I loved him. And what is really amazing is that he thought it up all on his own! We are lucky to know such a sweet young man.

Comments

Popular Posts