A Tribute to Jack the Wondercat: March 1995 (?)-October 4, 2008

Jack (March 1995(?)-October 4, 2008)
This is one of the hardest days. A cruel trick, at most. The early October sky is a beautiful blue, a balmy 62 degrees and our Jack leaves us early this morning at around 6:00 a.m.. His generous, loving, heart just gave out. He died in Steve's arms on the way to the kitty ER. There was nothing anyone could do; it was just his proverbial time. It just happened so fast. Like a flash. It's rather quiet here tonight without Jack's warbling with a cat toy, jonesing to get out to porch time, or mooching to grab a bite of human food from his hapless parents; cheese was his favorite. He was such a good cat and he taught us a lot of lessons about life. If you have any wonderful Jack memories, please feel free to share them... thank you.

Comments

BreathinSteven said…
I'm so sorry, Lori... I don't have any Jack memories to share -- but I know he was a good cat, and a good friend -- and I know that, being your cat, Jack was a loved and loving cat...

In the years after my lungs -- we lost two of our kitty-cats... For three years, I was home 24/7 -- I became very attached to all of them -- it's never easy to lose a friend, whether human or pet... Even though it may have been harder for Steve -- I think that there is some comfort that Jack died in his arms, and not by himself in a dark corner somewhere... Both of our kitty-cats died in our arms...

I hope the two of you are doing OK... Your Mom is in my thoughts and prayers... I have little doubt that Jack had a good and rich life with you...

Love,

Steve (& Goobs...)
Jenn said…
I know what it is like to lose a beloved animal (more like a child). Just know that the many, many years you had with Jack were the best years of his life. His life was better because of you and your lives were better because of him.

He is now in kitty heaven and my baby Ashes is showing him around.

love you, here's a hug, XOXOXOXO
Jenn

Popular Posts