Happy Thanksgiving! :)

(Lori and Steve at Sunny's 2008)
It's been a lovely day. Literally. The weather proved ideal for driving around and seeing fam and friends. Steve and I arrived at Chez Caskey before noon. We visited with my sis and brother-in-law, and Mom and Dad. We had a promising prognosis for Mom the day before so we are SO THANKFUL! Thank God. Dad is turning out to be a terrific cook. I helped with setting the table (that's usually my job... Scorch is safely out of kitchen's harm.) Then some of us (including me) took a serious food coma siesta. I crashed on the couch by the fireplace and passed out. Still tired from moving out week. Later, we viewed a movie entitled Tropic Thunder. (We usually pick non-traditional flicks for Turkey Day.) During some of the scenes I nearly laughed off the couch. Despite the fact that I am not a Tom Cruise fan, he played his role well. If you're thinking of renting this movie, take heart: it's non-PC. It's sick and wrong. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Tomorrow we need to take Mojo back to the Humane Society. It's a no-kill shelter now, so we're glad we're not placing him on death row. He needs a one-cat household. Like I've mentioned before, he's injured Latte, he's injured me (I'm sporting a bruise from a nice bite on my wrist), and he soiled several rooms (including my music studio.) We're going to try to sponsor him. It will be sad. Steve and I will miss his gravelly meows and the way he cozies up to us. But it will all work out and we will be grateful to have our house back.
I wanted to add one more thing: I am most thankful for Steve. Not only is he a terrific husband, he is the kindest soul anyone will ever know. He is a great son (and son-in-law), brother-in-law, and friend to so many people. I am fortunate he is in my life. Now that I will horrify Steve when he views this blog entry (he just LOVES to be center of attention) and you're ready to regurgitate your holiday leftovers, I'll stop. But Steve does rock. He's the best.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend!:)

Comments

Kaiju said…
[blush]
Anonymous said…
yay, Staeve!

Popular Posts