The Year 2008 in a Nutshell: A Bittersweet Symphony

In-between the visit to the bank and Salon Rouge for intense hairapy (color-cut-straightened), Greenie and I rocked out to Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. It's a pensive song with an intense blend of percussion, violins, and vocals. Although The Verve released this song in June of 1997, the name of the song describes 2008 for me. Bitter and sweet. Mostly sweet but with a strong resonant taste of bitter. Tonight I'll be rocking out at home with Steve and friends, but I'm also waiting on news from Indy. I hope it's good news for Mom, for all of us. I'd rather have a New Year's wish than a resolution: for Mom's good health. Cheers.

Comments

VikingMoose said…
happy new year rrorro.

psst - 1997, not 2007
Lori said…
Thanks, Drfi. It's fixed now.

Popular Posts