Happy New Year 2009 From Indy

Hello, I'm writing from Indianapolis in the hotel lobby. There's groovy jazz music accompanying me as I type. More details on the NYE soiree to be posted later, but here's what happened in a nutshell: 1.) Received tough news from Indy. Mom has cancer on five places on her spine. One vertebrae fractured. Needs surgery to relieve pain on spine. She is comfortable. 2.) Mom insisted: our NYE small soiree still went on. Note to self: follow up on EVITE with an email or phone call. Many bounced back. Damn firewalls. I'm sorry if any of you locally were missed. That's what happened. 3.) Soiree went well. I was a pirate and drank a plethora of rum and champagne. Did not pillage for treasure but foraged for food in my kitchen. Plentiful. Was thankful that I did not have a hangover this morning. Played Rock Band until 4:30 a.m. Went to bed at 5:00 a.m. Up at 9:00 a.m. 4.) Steve and I drove down to Indy (IUPUI) tonight. Dodged one deer. I honed my backseat driving skills. I was annoyed imaginary car brake on passenger side did not work. I was surprised that Steve did not threaten to tie me on top of car or place me in trunk. 5.) IU medical center is wonderful. New, posh, and state-of-the-art. I'm grateful. The hotel is beautiful and remodeled. We get a discount because we are related to a patient. Added benefit. 6.) I'm running on less than eight hours of sleep in two days and Steve is dozing off next to me, so I should sign off soon. I wanted to keep you posted. Please say prayers for Mom. Her name is Gloria. She totally rocks. Love, Lori

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thinking of you and your mom. Main is lonely without you! Theresa

Popular Posts