Mom

Mom is now at peace. Arrangements are pending.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lori,

My heartfelt condolences to you and your entire family. Gloria is now at peace and without pain. How wonderful that you all were with her these last few weeks. I'm sure she took comfort in that. Warm and loving thoughts and prayers from your La Porte Gravel Lakers

Barb
Anonymous said…
Oh, Lori. I wish I could do something ... say something that would help. I am so so sorry to hear this news. I will be thinking of you often, and as evidenced by all of the blog comments that I read daily, you have created such a strong and wonderful support network. I love you. -Debbie
Athenagirl said…
Lori,

You're so strong, sharing your experiences with friends & family on your blog. Thinking of you and hoping for peace for you as well.

Kris
Frank Doosey said…
I'm so sorry Lori. I lost my mom to the same cancer in1993 and I still miss her today. If I can help let me know.
Anonymous said…
I am very sorry to hear about your mom, Lori. May you have the strength to grieve for her. JF
Anonymous said…
Lori,

This has been such a difficult journey. Although your mom is no longer in pain I know you are still hurting.I wish I could be there with you to try and help in some way. You are an amazing woman and incredibly strong. You will get through this.

Theresa
Anonymous said…
Lori, you and your family are in my prayers.

Tracy
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry, Lori. Hang in there. I hope you take comfort in the loving and constant presence you had in her life, especially at its conclusion.
Best,
Amanda
usuallyemily said…
Lori, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's struggles and now your loss. Love you! Emily
Anonymous said…
I am so so very sorry. It is a blessing that she was at home and with the people who cared for her the most.
Anonymous said…
Lori,

I don't think I've ever left a comment here, even though I do read everything. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. She was a WONDERFUL woman with spirit, humor, sass and enough love to make your family wonderful.

I wish I was still in Indiana, you know I'd come see you.

xoxo,
Janna
Anonymous said…
Lori,

I am so sorry for your loss but glad that Gloria is no longer suffering. I am sending loving thoughts across the miles to you, your dad, Anne, Steve and David. Call or email anytime you want to chat. much love,
Amy, Mark, Lindsey, Samantha, Crofter and Yaz
Anonymous said…
Lori,
Deepest Sympathy for your loss. I'm so glad that you were able to bring your mom home and be with her...

Your in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it's a comfort to know that she's resting in eternal peace. Peace be with you and your family.
~Suzanne
Unknown said…
Dearest Lori,
Hugs to you and your family. I am so sorry. Love to you and Steve and your family. Love, Dana
Unknown said…
Lori... I am so sorry. I know how it feels to lose a parent to cancer. It's painful and damaging...a hole ripped out of your soul. It's tough going... Please know you're not alone. You and your family are very much in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know when and where her arrangements will be. We'd like to be there to support you and Steve through this. XO Cat & Brian
Anonymous said…
We love you and are thinking of you. If you need anything, let us know.

I love you.

The Heidts
Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Steve.
Melissa
Anonymous said…
Lori,
We feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to know your mom. You are a wonderful expression of her life! I'm am certain she was very proud of you and our hearts go out to you, Steve and your whole family. We're here when you need us
Love you, Dean and Laurel
Sis, when I saw the subject of your email, before opening, I just knew.

Gloria (what a heavenly name) is with the angels. Wish I could have met her but you know, I think Kenny and I already did thru you.

Love to you and Steve and John and your entire family, friends, and others whose lives she touched.

Just got word of one of our biz partners whose sister had a heart attack. Unexpected. Pray for everyone...my family may be next with my grandmother. We all need to lean on each other. God speed to you. Friends forever.

Pain hurts, don't deny it. Love (Gloria) heals it and never leaves you. cyncyn and Ken
Kristen said…
Lolo,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and have been for some time. My mother and I went on a similar journey 4 years ago and it changed my life in so many ways. Not a day goes by I don't think about her and miss her.

Yes, you are strong and your life will go on, but do not fight the tears and sorrow. Let them come when the numbness fades, you will find relief in them. Then, when you are ready, seek bereavement counseling. Hospice offers both individual counselors and groups and I can recommend both highly.

Your mom was always so kind to me and I will always think of her as Beulah and your dad as Barney. She was a gift to this world, as are all mothers. Now she is at peace and soon you will feel it too.

Kristen
Anonymous said…
Lori, I am so sorry about your mom. I know this is a difficult time for you. Please be strong, but also allow yourself time to grieve. She was surrounded by loving family in her last moments and that is a blessing. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Love,
Latesha
Unknown said…
Lori,

Please except my condolences, albeit belated, to you and Steve during this difficult time. I was able to catch up on your blog, and was saddened to read the news. Bless you and Steve, and your families, and keep you safe.

Sending a little light from San Francisco, Chris Korbuly (& Eileen and Bryce).

Popular Posts