Monday

Mondays are generally rough, but this one takes the proverbial cake. Mom is getting worse but she's still with us. I won't lie... this is such a difficult, painful process...especially for her. We're all keeping a close watch on her to make sure she is comfortable. Time has no meaning. I have to check to see what day of the week it is. I look on the clock and it is already afternoon. I am in slow motion. My reading consists glossing over email messages and Facebook. I haven't read the paper. I can't concentrate enough to read anything (and I usually have two or three books going at once.) I am back to stitching flower patterns on pillowcases. (This is what I do when I can't concentrate.) Steve and Drfi went back to work today. Steve is training to teach courses at IU. He looked so handsome in his library tie. As we all are, Mom is proud of him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so brave! Sending you my care and concern for you and your family. You are on my mind and in my heart.
Theresa
Julie said…
There are no words. I am thinking of you. Julie
Anonymous said…
Thinking of you... saying a prayer

Latesha
Undeadhost said…
It's good that your all home.
Anonymous said…
Tell your mom that I love her and that I am thinking of her.

xoxo

Jenn H
Windy said…
Dear Lori and family,
Carole called this morning and I understand that your mom has gone on into the LIGHT where she is being reunited with her own passed relatives...She is in no pain and she will be able to be around you all in SPIRIT.. YOUR mom has done everything she can to take care of you all and care for herself....Fighting this illness with all her strength and sense of humor...We will all miss her but i know she takes comfort in the friendships she has fostered between us all...
We need to remeber to rely on each other and keep Gloria Caskey's fun spirit in our hearts and minds as we continue to face this earth's life challenges...
TAke care of each other and yourself and please be reminded that one day we will all meet again...Sympathetically, Doris

Popular Posts