Decaffeinated Cats and Other Wednesday Musings

Lori and Java... 2009
It's nice to work weekends sometimes so I can get my errands done during the week. I picked up the rental car, put in my Beastie Boys CD, and rocked out. (Note to self: adhere to speed limits during Sabotage and Whatcha Want. It's so easy to drive fast to these songs.) Enjoyed a delicious lunch with a friend and then engaged in hairapy. I'm pleased with the color and cut with long layers trimmed so my hair doesn't resemble a triangle. I finally mustered the courage to pick up The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and open the book. In case you didn't know, he's the professor who gave the last lecture while suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer. He has since passed, but his words are inspiring. I'm halfway through the book. (Note to self: add this title to GoodReads.) Rather than the caffeinated cats, I really should refer to Java and Latte as the decaffeinated cats. A friend mused that they are so mellow. Latte will run out the door, leap onto the couch in the sun, and proceed to stretch out and sun her stomach. Java prefers a more stealthy method of sneaking out the door, perching on the bean bag in the corner, or jumping up on the ledge to keep an eye out on the neighborhood. For your amusement, I snapped a couple of photos with Java post-hairapy on the porch. I have something to share that is eerie. Well, because of Mom's passing, I wasn't going to observe my birthday this year. At all. I now believe Mom has a different plan. My library (LaSalle Branch) was supposed to re-open on June 29. Because of construction delays, it is now slated to open (soft opening) on JULY 20. My BIRTHDAY. Of all the days to have the new LaSalle Branch open in 2009, it is going to open on my 38th birthday. This is the best present I could have and I think there's a divine component. I'll end this post with that thought. :)

Comments

Popular Posts