Painting on Canvas and Seedfolks

Today I created another painting on canvas using blue and green acrylics by hand. The paintings are starting to tell a story. I am painting a lot of of same themes using images of blue clouds and a blue flower, with a lone flower representing me. I have thought of taking the paintings to create a picture book about grief. Hmmn...I have so many ideas and need to finish them!
Also painted a pot (blue and green) to place on my deck. I want to plant tomatoes among other veggies in decorative pots. I think blue and green will be lovely colors for pots on the deck. I signed up for the the reading program today at my library and spoke with a close friend about a wonderful book called Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. I requested more copies of this book be ordered for the library. It's a teen fiction book based on stories from several different characters. The setting takes place in Cleveland, Ohio, in a desolate part of town. A young girl plants bean seeds in April on the frozen ground in the garbage-infested alley of her apartment complex, and the story begins. Although the book published in 1997, all the recession and unity gardens sprouting up in northern Indiana, including one near my branch, makes this book even more timely and appropriate.

Comments

Cynth'ya said…
God uses our grief to help us guide thru to our greatness! blessin's to you dear sister....hugs and mo' hugs!

cyncyn

Popular Posts