Strange Like Weather

Today, like the weather, seemed strange to me. Weird things happened, the rain drizzled down, and I'm okay. I first woke up. Slowly. Thank goodness Steve is such a good alarm clock. Jack the cat used to wake me up in the morning with a lick and a chomp on the chin. Steve is much more of a gentleman. And patient, because in the morning, I am s-l-o-w. It's not pretty. I finally dragged myself out of bed and mustered the energy to look into the closet. What to wear today? (Note to self: lay clothes out the night before.) So I say good-bye to Java and Latte, who are already back in their respective napping places for their mid-morning siesta (I am now experiencing cat envy) and manage to get out the door and to libraryland. My left sock (stupid knee-highs) kept falling down. Wardrobe malfunction #1. So I go to my cubicle and get settled. Then the cell phone rings. It's my art therapist. I forgot to write down the correct time in my planner. Damn damn double-damn. We reschedule. And I feel bad about it, because I wanted to paint and hate letting people down. I look down at my long skirt and there's a tear on it. Wardrobe malfunction #2. Good news: I am planning the re-dedication and LaSalle RetroFest for my library. And so far, three people have committed to performing and programming for the day. I am grateful for that. LaSalle planning, collection development meeting, helping out with summer reading, listening to PLA sessions for re-certification credit, and then when Steve and I met at home tonight, we visited the gym for about an hour. It was a productive day. Now I am blogging, but ready to wind down. Storms are passing through northern Indiana--the clouds outside are rather unsettled, kind of like me.

Comments

Popular Posts