Reunion with A Beautiful Friend

I traveled to a library branch today and assisted patrons from 1p.m.-5p.m. I felt a bit out of practice because everything is new--processes, procedures, etc. But I accepted the challenges and had a great time. Love love love doing customer service and making people's day. One of the highlights was that I saw my nursery school teacher (E.) She exclaimed "I thought I'd never see you again!" E. threw her arms around me. It was a great mini-reunion. I thought about E. the other day. I was going through my childhood letters my mother saved and there was a thank-you note from her dated back to the 1970's when I gave E. a gift when I graduated from nursery school. She sent me a beautiful card this year when she learned my mother had passed. We also weathered a storm together (pun intended) at another branch one October in the early 2000's. There were tornado warnings all around us, we took cover in the back (I was second-in-charge at the library at the time) and I was reading stories and doing rhymes to keep the kids (and grownups, including me) calm. We looked at each other and she said, "I'm so glad to be here in the storm together with you!" Agreed. Weathering storms big and small with ones you care about makes the endeavor not quite so scary and the damage not so great.

Comments

Popular Posts