Twenty-Year Class Reunion

Lori and Steve @ Class Reunion--2009
It took me three tries to start out this blog. I don't know how to begin, but I'll give it a shot. Steve and I enjoyed ourselves at the reunion, which was held at Windsor Park Conference Center in Mishawaka, Indiana. I asked Steve to turn the car around after experiencing a surge of anxiety as we left our boulevard (I am TOTALLY crowd shy.) But he didn't and I'm grateful for it. (Plus Tara would have been disappointed if her photographer didn't show up.) Some people showed up with spouses, some people left their spouses at home, some people showed up solo, others brought a friend or a significant other. All of it was totally cool and a nice mix. The first hour (6:00 p.m.) was happy hour with cocktails and then dinner at 7:00 p.m. I felt kind of guilty leaving Steve at the table to mingle, but he understood all quite well. The turnout was pretty significant, at least 100 of us from the class of 1989 were there. The food was fabulous: a salad, a buffet-style dinner, and then dessert. Very nice. Tara did a nice job of orchestrating this event and there was a toast in her honor! :) I was happy to have the camera to use to take photographs. It forced me to walk up to people, say hello, and be the class paparazzi. (I'm retiring my camera, though, for the 25th, if I decide to attend.) Only a couple of people were unkind (you know who you are). All the other classmates were complimentary, gracious, and kind. A couple of people gave me their condolences about my mother's passing. I appreciated that. That's the beauty of Facebook (FB), to keep in touch with others online. FB played a part of my decision to attend. After we mingled, we had two places we could frequent: Bar Louie or Between the Buns. We opted for the more casual hangout, the buns. It was rowdy and we had a good time.

Comments

Popular Posts