California Dreaming: Tuesday Morning at the O'Hare Airport

Tuesday, October 13 Here I am pictured at the Hobbit Hotel in Chicago with my fun drum shirt!

We got up, cleaned up, grabbed a couple of snacks, climbed on the shuttle to O'Hare airport. Surreal... Comfortably Numb played on the loudspeaker. We made it to the airport and through security. It was a pleasant experience... one of the security guys saw my new black Zildjian t-shirt and struck up a conversation. The gentleman didn't play a drumset, but he had a drumtrap and played other various instruments such as congas, bongos, marimbas, etc. He said(emphasized) that he was a percussionist, not a drummer. I understood, although I like to have my Animal (from Muppets) moments, too. I am both a drummer and percussionist. Proud of it, too.

When I stepped through security, the kindly older security officer winked at me. I tell you, this drummer shirt makes people smile. ;) I also noticed three or four people in the airport with guitar cases. Thought it was interesting and cool. ;)

I managed to trek to the restroom --okay, twice--plane nerves--and then visited a shop to find a new journal for my trip. I spoke with the cashier and although he lives in Chicago, he's from L.A. and said that the state of California is divided into three sections--north (San Fransisco), L.A. (middle to south), and San Diego (South). There's a friendly rivalry, I guess. This information proved interesting.

So we're waiting to board and people watch. We noticed a young man (late twenties/early thirties) with two little brown wiggly puppies! So cute! Sadly, staff told him to put the pups back in their doggie totes. Darn. That was a highlight to see happy wiggly puppies with their little tails wagging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine