The Three Halloween Parties: Part One: Blenda's Woods

I am getting too old to be out doing this much carousing and mischief-making. But it was a lot a fun. Saturday morning Bryan and I trekked to Cassopolis to rehearse with our band. We now have a keyboard player. She's very talented. The group, formerly called Purest Green, is possibly now The NewCastle Band. We have a week to sleep on it. Please let me know what you think!:) After we arrived back home, I crawled into bed and took a nap. Steve woke me up at 6:30p.m., we dressed in our costumes, and then ventured out to Blenda's Woods as our first stop. I was dressed in Friday's kitty costume because there was no way I was going to trek in the woods in 40-degree weather in a polyester minidress and boots. We got lost on our way to the first stop. We took the cross roads through the woods. We cruised through the rural part of southside South Bend for over a half hour until we checked the map and realized we were on the wrong path. Oops. But it makes for an interesting part of the story. We finally arrived to our destination, hung out with friends by a large and cozy campfire, and went into the woods for the Haunted Trail adventure. I kept whispering "Blair Witch" to Steve, and he was not amused. After a fun adventure and a few scares from monsters in the woods (no chainsaws, luckily), we raided the food and drink table, and had to say good-bye to our friends. Next destination... Chez McCoy.

Comments

Popular Posts