Last Night's Gig and Lake Michigan Evening

Mad Dogs and Irishmen Minus Two- January 2010
Yes, I was concentrating because I have never played the song before. I only brought the bare minimum of drum equipment. Luckily, I caught on quickly! No one threw eggs or tomatoes at us, so it was a good show. Two members of the Mad Dogs and Irishmen ensemble were out of commission due to snow and flu. So, the lead guitarist/singer, bass player, and I played for about eight people. It was a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. I am positive that if we weren't in the middle of a snowstorm, more people would have attended. But we gave it our all to people who ventured out in the weather. Steve and I dined with friends tonight in town. We gave them a framed photograph of Lake Michigan (southern Michigan) and they found a beautiful black and white rock on the beach of Lake Michigan (northern Michigan) and had a necklace polished and made just for me. The gift was amazing. I almost cried at the table. My garden bathroom is full of stones from Lake Michigan and sand (in a bottle) smuggled from Mission Beach, California. So I love rocks. So cool!
It was a great first weekend of the New Year.

Comments

Popular Posts