Nearing the Eve of a Thirteen

Tonight, I received three text messages on my cell. In the darkness and privacy of my parked car, my vision blurred as I attempted to read the words. The icy fingers of grief grabbed me by the pulse of my throat and temporarily threw me into the familiar and shadowy corner of hell; the swirling gray mass of despair that shrouds my being. I learned tonight that a friend of the family died tonight from cancer. And my sadness is exacerbated by the fact that this loss is yet another reminder of the loss of my mother; and the fact that we are nearing the eve of a thirteen. My heart goes out to my friend, his wife (now widowed) and his family. My heart breaks for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine