Memoir

I've been trolling the web tonight and viewed a great article on npr.org that featured Walter Mosley. His message to writers: stop reading and start writing. Write about 1,200 words a day and a first draft of a novel should be finished in about three months. The creative non-fiction memoir is written like a novel, so I will take this advice. I'm going to do it. (And that's why I'm announcing it on the blogosphere.) I will write every day and I'm giving myself until August 1 to finish a rough draft. I want to write about my library experiences and start with the last 4 1/2 years. It will be humorous and positive in scope and most importantly, meaningful. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Reflections on this Week