Moonlight Daffodils

(This photograph was taken in 2010) Last night I noticed the glow of three yellow daffodils in my front yard. The flowers were planted almost twelve years ago by the previous owners and bloom in the spring. I have considered adding more of the sunny flowers in the front yard by the porch for curb appeal. Although I am a summer flower person, I do enjoy spring flowers. Perhaps I get so caught up in the summer and fall flowers that I forget about the springtime ones until I notice them again on an unseasonably warm night in mid-March.

Comments

Straylight said…
My favorites have always been crocuses... because they're some of the first spots of color that will appear in a yard as winter fades.

My uncle plants daffodils all through his woods. It's absolutely beautiful when they all start blooming in the spring. It always made our little cabin feel like it was floating on a yellow sea.
Lori said…
"It always made our little cabin feel like it was floating on a yellow sea." That is poetry, my dear. I also like crocuses. I need to remember to plant them.

Popular Posts