Shopping Excursion

Sometimes strangers are the best judges of clothing. I appreciate their objectivity. I needed to spruce up my droopy summer wardrobe, so I went to the mall and bought a proverbial clue. (Bad cliche, but I like to use it anyway.) I found two lovely dresses. One is gray and black with flowy covering, and the other is a pretty black and blue dress. I was on the fence with the gray and black dress, so I asked a mother and pre-teen daughter what they thought. I said, "In your honest opinion, does this make me look like a fairy goddess or a 21st century Mrs. Roper?" After initial laughter from a question they probably weren't expecting, they responded that they liked it. They like the "flowiness" of the dress and how it went with my hair (not the color-- I just had hairapy. Tinsel is covered). The woman also said she was shopping alone recently for a dress and strangers commented on how pretty she looked. I thanked them for their kindness and purchased both. I'll be wearing the gray one tomorrow for my friend's daughter's wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine