Banana Pancakes and Good Books: Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird


"Writing a first draft is much like watching a Polaroid develop. You can't--and in fact you're not supposed to-- know exactly what the picture is going to look like until it has finished developing." -Anne Lamott.

Late Sunday mornings are always good for banana pancakes and good books. Yesterday I visited the 'bary and picked up a few reads. (Almost made it to 100 books in 2012. Will try again this year. You csn sign up for a reading challenge on goodreads.com.)

I enjoy books about writing, especially at the start of another year, so I picked up an old-fashioned paperback copy of Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Lifeby Anne Lamott. This Wednesday I will be taking a non-fiction writing class, so hopefully I will have this book finished by then.


Comments

Popular Posts