Memorial Day Weekend

By the time I post this blog, Memorial Day weekend will be over.

This weekend has been one of reflection. The weather, fortunately, cooperated. The sun smiled down on Michiana until late Monday afternoon. Usually, the weather is cold and dreary and somber. This year, the weather was clear, an idyllic 70 degrees. The zephyr of lavender lilacs permeated the front steps of the porch. The Lady Cats are enjoying intermittent bird-watching in-between long, leisurely naps.

Steve and I surrounded ourselves with the support of family and friends near and far. The beautiful weather lifted our spirits, as it is hard to be sad when the weather is joyful. On Memorial Day, I reflect on the people who served--and died--in the military. I also reflect on my mother-in-law, who passed over last Wednesday. I reflect on my mother, who has been in Heaven for over five years.
I reflect on the memories of past Memorial Day weekends with family. I realize that new traditions need to be created, so Memorial Day weekend will be a balance of new traditions rather than wistful memories.

Comments

Popular Posts