From the Scorch Files: The Cucumber Cleanser



I renewed a cookbook from the library. (Yes, you heard me correctly, I renewed it. I usually don't renew cookbooks.) The title is called Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind by Candice Kumai. I decided I wanted to try out a clean, green drink.

There are three ingredients in The Cucumber Cleanser. That's my kind of recipe:

1 Fuji apple, quartered
2. 2 cups kale
3. 1 large cucumber

Add all ingredients in a juicer and mix. (Be sure to peel the cucumber first. Steve and I searched the kitchen for a potato peeler.) I was lazy and didn't want to deal with the juicer, so I tried using the blender. There
really is a difference between a juicer and a blender. The smoothie is very green with bits of red from the apple. The "smoothie" tastes a lot like cucumber. There is no taste of kale, which is good for a beverage, and a tiny taste of apple.

Steve was brave enough to sample the "smoothie". He pursed his lips and took the tiniest sip. He didn't flinch.
"Not too bad," he said. "I probably wouldn't drink this so much." (Texture is an issue for him.)

I am half sipping and half chewing the "smoothie". I may attempt this again and remember to strain the veggies. In fact, I may purchase this book from Amazon--and actually use it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts