Autumn Gratitude



It has been almost two months to the day since I posted on this blog. A lot has been happening outside the virtual realm, so I unintentionally took a blogging break. Thank goodness I remembered the password to log in!

At this writing, I am sitting in a wicker chair, feet elevated,facing the front porch, and peering out at the boulevard. My right calf is a bit achy from this morning's biopsy. The September sky is pure autumn azure. The bushes and trees surrounding the house are full and the leaves are ever-so-slightly changing color. I am serenaded by the sounds of crickets, birds, and the occasional car. A dog barks in the distance. The cats--including the foster felines--are relaxing on the front porch with me and inside the house. Steve is on his way home from running errands. He was--as always--my rock.

Fortunately, I have a couple of days off from teaching to play catch-up on grading and writing. I am grateful to be teaching two sections of speech and two sections of library literacy, even though I have falllen behind on grading. I am also grateful to have played in the LaPorte County Symphony this summer and fall.The book I am co-writing with Karen, my friend and writing cohort, is almost finished. And the thesis is about halfway completed and should be completed in November. Steve and I are looking forward to a peaceful 2015.

Since the nearly two-month no-blogging spell has passed, it is nice to be back on the writing wagon. Hopefully your autumn is going well!





Comments

Popular Posts