Autumn Gratitude



It has been almost two months to the day since I posted on this blog. A lot has been happening outside the virtual realm, so I unintentionally took a blogging break. Thank goodness I remembered the password to log in!

At this writing, I am sitting in a wicker chair, feet elevated,facing the front porch, and peering out at the boulevard. My right calf is a bit achy from this morning's biopsy. The September sky is pure autumn azure. The bushes and trees surrounding the house are full and the leaves are ever-so-slightly changing color. I am serenaded by the sounds of crickets, birds, and the occasional car. A dog barks in the distance. The cats--including the foster felines--are relaxing on the front porch with me and inside the house. Steve is on his way home from running errands. He was--as always--my rock.

Fortunately, I have a couple of days off from teaching to play catch-up on grading and writing. I am grateful to be teaching two sections of speech and two sections of library literacy, even though I have falllen behind on grading. I am also grateful to have played in the LaPorte County Symphony this summer and fall.The book I am co-writing with Karen, my friend and writing cohort, is almost finished. And the thesis is about halfway completed and should be completed in November. Steve and I are looking forward to a peaceful 2015.

Since the nearly two-month no-blogging spell has passed, it is nice to be back on the writing wagon. Hopefully your autumn is going well!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine