Happy Hellidays!


It feels more like early spring here in northern Indiana, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Instead of visions of sugarplums dancing over my head, I am imagining roasting Elf on the Shelf alongside chestnuts over an open fire. I admit it, I have seen too many hilarious Elf on the Shelf memes on Facebook. We don't have a fireplace, so an imaginary Elf on the Shelf with the virtual fireplace DVD on the laptop will have to suffice.

Christmas is a tough time for an empathic and highly-sensitive introvert:the sights, the smells, the sounds are enough to simultaneously drain and flood this kooky shiny girl to the point where I want to crawl in next to my feline hoard, sip on a glass of red, and read and sleep and write the hellidays away, leaving the memories of loved ones and Christmas pasts lurking outside my bedroom door.

I have to admit that the past two days have been really good. I embrace the good things, expect nothing, and show gratitude for any amount of light shining our way. I notice the significant details: the bird's nest outside our dining room window, struggling for a place under the covers next to our sixteen-year-old Javacat, the home cooked meals with friends and family and cards and unexpected gifts and laughter. It the moments that make a difference.

Merry Christmas to all! Hell freezes over as Steve and I continue enjoy the mellow Christmas festivities. -XO



Comments

Popular Posts