Summer Solstice Sunday




Well, the weather is finally behaving like a summery June day should behave: blue skies, humid, and sunny. I wish my mood would match the weather outside, but it doesn’t. I’m more of a party sunny, cloudy mood today.

It doesn’t help that I have viral bronchitis and I worked and played hard yesterday, so I am paying for it today. I still managed to go outside for awhile and weed in the memory garden. With all the rain, it’s pretty hairy, but the lilies and snowballs are making me smile.

It’s been a challenging summer of growth and reconstruction—literally. I’m still clearing branches from tree trimming that occurred earlier this month and will be cleaning out and decorating the pond. We have a new solar pump and when the pond is cleaned out and refilled, it will be pretty again. Steve is going to help with the yard stuff once his online projects are completed.

Tonight Gus and I will be mowing. Home maintenance is not good for the social life, but I like the memory garden and will be excited to have family and friends over later this summer to enjoy it with me.

Also, I talked to my banker person and we’re going to score a home equity loan for the replacement roof that I have been obsessing over for awhile now. We have another roofing company to contact to get an estimate, and then we are going from there: house appraisal, then loan, then roofing.

Good times. I will definitely have wine on hand for the duration.
We want Project Roof to be completed by August or September.
After this ordeal is over, I would like to write about it and help other homeowners out.

Comments

Popular Posts