National Lampoon's Garden Adventures, and Last Thoughts on 46



Update on Sake Sakura: We will be making an appointment to get Sake's MRI.
It's been really hot and our schedules have been nuts,
but Steve and I are planning to take care of this soon. Sake is doing fine.

I took Thursday off instead of Friday since I have story hour tomorrow and love seeing the babies and toddlers!
(Taking a half-day for the birth-day.)

I am hosting our monthly Film Group this month and thought it would be fun to do it on my birthday. And it is. Love my friends. <3
So,this week, between jobs and cat herding, Steve and I have been fake housing the porch, the house, and the backyard.
I'm annoyed that the gardening sweet spot has passed (late June/ early July) and the backyard is starting to resemble
a desert wasteland.

Perhaps I should set cacti all over the backyard and create a desert theme. Maybe place some tumbleweed
around...

If I use enough props (spider plants) and pour enough wine, peeps won't notice so much.
Shorter nights are a good thing in this case.
But wait! It's supposed to storm tomorrow night,
so the weeding and deck washing and furniture arranging
is kind of a moot point.
Dammit.

(*slips metaphorical coin into imaginary swear jar*)

Okay, I'm trying really, really, really hard not to swear, but the metaphorical swear jar is overflowing.
Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a barely closeted swearmonger, and I'm trying to be better.
It's because we have cats instead of kids. There, blame the four-legged tyrants. Cats encourage cursing.
That's my excuse and I'm going with it!

I can tell who has kids and who don't because the level of swearing, but that is a generalization...
I'm sure there are exceptions...

Anyway, this whole 47 business...
I'm not sure I like it so much, but there's not much I can do about it.
I'm still a kid at heart, anyhow. :)





Comments

Popular Posts