- The setting: Portland and Seattle
- Good attention to detail and setting
- Anastasia's character: clumsy, down-to-earth, intellectual
- Anastasia's friends and family (except the one that hit on her)
- Anastasia's old hippie vehicle
- The sex scenes (some of them)
- The email banter between Anastasia and Christian
Here's what I disliked about the story:
- Christian: he needs hospitalization and pharmaceuticals
- Spoken dialogue: went back and forth with the formal and informal. Seemed stilted.
- Violence: there were a couple of scenes that bothered me.
- Ending: I like all stories to be self-contained, even in trilogies Although it is clever marketing, I think it is disrespectful for the writer to leave the reader hanging. (As an impatient person, I don't like it.)
- Layout of the book: editors! We need more white spaces, please.
I hope this helps you make an informed decision about checking this book out! Here is a link to her website: http://www.eljamesauthor.com/music/fifty-shades-of-grey-soundtrack.