Scorch-cepie: Oreo Cookies on a Platter

On the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, we are invited to a cookout at Gravel Lake to kick off the summer. Well, it was a little sad (okay REALLY sad) because Mom wasn't there to make her awesome brownies. So on the way up, Steve and I stopped at the store and tried to figure out what the heck to bring to a cookout. I certainly didn't want anyone to get food poisoning on MY account, so I came up with an idea while excusing my way through the very slow residents in this store: Oreo cookies. Simple. Sweet. Tasty. We purchased two boxes of them with the double stuffed vanilla creme center and trekked the rest of the way to the lake. When we arrived and greeted Dad, I grabbed a glass platter from the cupboard, rinsed it off, washed my hands, and ripped open the boxes of oreos. I affixed them in a cute little pyramid on the platter and then Dad put wax paper on it to hold them in place (since we were out of saran wrap.) Well, I put the platter of Oreos in the corner as a side dish. I did not know that there was a chili- cookoff. Oreos seem to soothe the stomach after sampling several dishes of chili. When I retrieved the platter a couple of hours later, the cookies were gone. The platter was licked clean. So, I'm bringing oreos on a platter to a friend's house on Friday night. Mom would have been proud or she would have said, "Isn't that nice!" ;)

Comments

Popular Posts