Saturday Chez Sigety



It's a quiet Saturday afternoon chez Sigety.
I'm curled up on a wicker couch on the front porch,
surrounded by books and comfy pillows.
Moshi is surveying the neighborhood from her cat perch.

The others are asleep in the cool house.
Cool because the ac was (finally) installed yesterday afternoon
after it croaked last Friday. Okay, it was 20+ years old, but the
timing... really? #adulting

The memory garden is a big, hot mess.
This is why I am on the front porch. I can't stand to look at it.
We are having a plethora of branches and trees removed. I am hoping
this will be completed tonight, so I can plant more flowers and
mow tomorrow.

We are getting our roof inspected again next week. Our neighborhood may
be turned into a historical area, and variances on house repairs will be difficult,
to say the least.
We are overdue for the repairs, but it's happening.

It's been a hectic but good week in libraryland. I drove home in two heavy rainstorms
last week. What's up with that? Our outreach paid off. On our kickoff day (Friday), we
had over 1,000 people visit the library. The rock wall was a huge hit
(I tried to scale it twice). I am now on a mission to scale it and hit the button. Maybe
I can be a rock wall groupie (follow the rock wall) this summer. LOL

Anyway, I'm staying on the porch, and getting a lot of reading and writing accomplished today.
I've earned it.

Have a good weekend!





Comments

Popular Posts