Blogs blogs, they're better than bad, they're good!

Here's my silly little song of the day: "Blogs, blogs, they're better than pencil and wood! Blogs, blogs, they're better than bad, they're GOOD!" (By Blammo... Ren and Stimpy fans will understand.) I still write with pencil and wood, mind you... It's been a ditzy day in the neighborhood... Early this a.m. I was sleeping with my geek chics (glasses) in my hand and my husband, Steve asked me why I had my glasses in my hand. I guess I mumbled that my glasses were emailed to me. I guess I need to step away from the cowbox (Gateway computer) every once in awhile. I worked at the north (North Liberty Branch)today and then left for ArtBeat in Metropolis (South Bend.) On my lunch hour, while I shopped at the Dollar General and loaded the goodies into the truck, I glanced at my artsy fartsy license plate and my plates and registration expire. TODAY. I email Steve and inform him that I have a date with a certain machine at the DMV. After I pass out fliers and finger puppets at ArtBeat in the rain (it was a blast) my friend Patrice and her daughters take me to my car and I drive home. After scarfing down microwave mac and cheese, Steve (bless his heart) takes me to the DMV machine, expecting to zip in and zip out. HA! There's a freaking line. I'm laughing because the automated renewal machine speaks loudly and slowly. "The Fast and Efficient Way to renew your registration and plates." HA. A half-hour later Steve and I take our turn at the screen, with scowling people in the back of the line. This was nerve-wracking... talk about pressure, the potty-training-at-gunpoint syndrome. You could feel the stress in the line. Anyway, now I'm legal again and we paid homage to the golden arches to celebrate. Good night!

Comments

usuallyemily said…
hello lori!
i was at the art beat too, just walking around by myself checking it out. i didn't see you belly dancing up there!

right now i'm in indy (having dragged myself out of my cozy bed with my care bear buddies at the dark hour of 5 am) and i am too tired. i keep typing completely different words than i mean to and erasing them. for example, instead of "too" i typed "tall". see what i mean?

the em!

Popular Posts