Geeking out with technology, coffee talk, and ending the evening with chocolate fondue and garden musings! Part One

Hello! This is the first of two posts...otherwise you will be reading forever! Saturday I am so fortunate to be surrounded by inspiring friends and family. I started the morning by going to technology training. It's amazing to be PAID for training,as many folks are begging for computer classes or paying to take them. Unfortunately, I hadn't had my first full bottle of caffeinated diet coke, so it was hard to absorb anything. My cohort,Thelma,kept me focused. At least I wasn't coherent enough to cause any trouble (lucky for Frances AKA technology goddess extraordinaire). Afterwards, Thelma and I basically invited ourselves to lunch with Frances, the technology goddess extraordinaire! We had a blast at the restaurant. It was coffee talk that evolved into a full-blown lunch excursion! I had a carb attack and ordered two of the corn muffins to accompany my chicken soup. Mmmm.Cluck.Slurp. I may have unhinged my jaws to eat the corn muffins whole. I also eyed Thelma's corn muffin. She looked a little nervous and did not leave her plate unattended. Sadly, the lunch had to end and so we continued our day with food coma and a lot of silly laughter. (Must take mental note to do this again soon). In the evening, Steve and I visited our friends Elisabeth and Mark. We had a fantastic time! Nachos and pizza and chocolate fondue! Mmmm.Oink.Chomp. They have a beautiful garden, so vibrant and happy, replicating an authentic English cottage garden with personal artistic touches and adorned with hues of pink. That's what friends and flowers do, inspire us. Gardening can resemble life. Some summers the garden is dry, neglected, and wilty. Other summers the garden is lush, green, and flowery. And the in next year, you can start over and strive for a better garden. Or, if you choose not to abide by garden philosophy, you can draw the blinds, geek out at the computer, eat corn muffins and double dip the chocolate fondue. But you can have the best of both worlds, n'est pas? Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts