Kari's Climbers, Full Moon Rising, Hi-YA, Tae Kwon Do, and Halloween

Hello, there! It's been an interesting two weeks! Steve and I visited my parents at Gravel Lake. Lots of yummy food and company. Cousins Steve and Goobs came up too! Goobs is a librarian working in Chicago (watch out-two library buns in the family!)She also ran in the Chicago Marathon (YAY Goobs!) Steve works in Chicago and is a spokesperson for the American Lung Association. He has Cystic Fibrosis and survived a double lung-transplant 5 years ago. He is one of the most optimistic persons I know. He is heading up Hustle Up the Handcock in February, which is a run for the American Lung Association. I may haul my buns (librarian and otherwise) up 94(?) flights of stairs to the top of the Handcock Building. If you want to sponsor me, let me know. I'll be stepping under "Kari's Climbers." In Tae Kwon Do I'm having a good time. The philosophy lessons are creativity and optimism. I've worked halfway through my white-yellow belt and working towards earning the full yellow belt. Then it's orange. It's great having goals, learning new moves, making new friends, and toning up. Well, if I haven't already blasted your email with this note, it was officially announced on the full moon that I will be transfering to the LaSalle Branch Library. I'm very excited! My first day on the new job will be Halloween. I am tempted to dress up as the wicked witch with a big wart on my nose, but will opt for cute whiskers and ears. Meanwhile, I think Esme the Ghost (North Liberty) is irate that I am leaving, as she wreaked havoc on the T-1 line. We have been down for two days and I have too much to do before I finish next Friday! On another note, are you doing anything for Halloween? Please let me know! I am interested. Good night!

Comments

usuallyemily said…
i think you should dress up as a wicked witch for the first day of your new lasalle job. that would be funny! i have some red and white striped tights you can borrow and a witch hat with fuchsia hair if you want. you have to let me know before thursday though cuz i'm going out of town. :) em

Popular Posts