Fantastic Friday and Five Tips

Hi there! It's been a fantastic Friday.A friend came over and fixed the leaky dishwasher. My friends came over and cleaned my house. (It's my diva luxury to do monthly--at least the house is really clean rather than fake-housed once a month.) My beautiful mother picked me up and we went to lunch and put a serious dent in our Christmas shopping. Later, when I returned home Steve and I received three holiday packages from family and friends, which one of them I have opened already. It's a sickness.I can't stand to see wrapped presents. And I love to wrap presents. Here's some feedback for thought--do you like to linger and wait to open gifts or do you like to tear them open right away? Y'all know where I stand on this issue. My parents used to let my sister and I open a present from one of our relatives to keep us quiet until it was time to open the gifts. We're December 24 people. We like to sleep that night. Otherwise it's a sleepless night. Then I went to taekwondo and had a private lesson. It was nice and pressure-free. I am really enjoying it. I'm almost ready for my red tip and I need two to test for orange belt. This will probably happen in February. Five tips I learned today: Tip: Hire friends rather than strangers to fix stuff. It's more fun and you know you won't get financially fleeced. Tip: Hire friends rather than strangers to clean. It's more fun and you can trust your friends won't rummage through your stuff, although they may tease you for being the avenue slob. Mine do not. They rock! Tip: Do something nice for yourself! Get your nails done, get a massage, buy the movie you want, have your house cleaned once in awhile(this goes for the guys, too). You deserve it! Tip: Be thankful for the family and friends you have. I am so lucky. Tip: Go and grow at your own pace. You are in competition only with yourself. I learned this from grad school and I am currently re-learning this from taekwondo. Time to go back and wrap more presents. And see how long it takes before I cave in and open the other two packages... Love, lolo xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts