Tighty-Whity Tirade and Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone, Hope you had a fantastic New Year's! Here's the rundown of our New Year's Eve and New Year's Day: On New Year's Eve I started my day out right by attending taekwondo. One of my favorite classmates moved up to orange belt. I am hoping to belt up by the end of January. We went over the curriculum and that was tedious. Sometimes I still can't remember the left leg from the right! I love my instructors, though, all of them. After coming home and cleaning up, we dined at Hacienda and started out on our errands. We wanted to use up a mall certificate, so we went to the mall and bought a clue. Actually, we bought underwear! Yippee! Woo hoo! Whatever. It was very strange, when the salesperson said something like, "Lucky you, shopping here with your wife." The salesperson was a guy! Bra and undie shopping with your husband and the salesperson was a dude. It was very odd to return my unfitted bras to a man. Although he was nice,it was kind of, well, odd. Kind of like a guy using the women's restroom. Or me selling jock straps. After leaving the girly lingerie department we visited the men's underwear section and I started singing (quietly) the tighty-whity song. (Tighty-whity is slang for men's briefs.) The guys department seems more tucked away in neat packages (no pun intended.) The colors are more subdued. There's no neon pink thong underwear staring out at me. (Thank goodness.) We go to the counter to use our gift cetificate, and the salesperson was a woman in the men's underwear department. I am confused! The woman was getting more frustrated as our gift card wouldn't work. She was going on a t-shirt and tighty-whity tirade. I felt kind of sorry for her and all salespeople who survived the holiday season. Maybe she would've been happier working with the pretty lingerie. After the gift card worked, we left the store. Off to grocery and vidiot store. (Yes, I said vidiot.) I behaved well in the grocery store. We also picked out moovies for Steve to watch his 100 movies in 100 days. We watched Elf, which wasn't on his list. It was cute. We watched the movie, played playstation, and watched the ball drop in New York. My goodness Dick Clark struggled after his stroke! But I gave him courage for carrying on. We watched the first part of SNL (with Napoleon Dynamite guy). It was pretty good. Today we are hanging around, reading the newspaper, blogging, etc. I did go for my first powerwalk of the year! Gotta train for the Hancock! Happy New Year! More later! Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts