Da Doo Run Run,Happy Mother's Day, and 50th Blog Posting!

Hello there, It's been a fast weekend. Steve and I trekked to Chi-town Friday night after work. We arrived to Anne and David's place and they had chicken chili waiting for us. Yum. The chicken chili was even better Sunday morning--cold. Steve and I walked out onto the 19th level balcony at looked at the city. The view was breathtaking. Turn your head to the left and you can see Lake Michigan. Turn to the right and you see the Hancock Building (the one I climbed in February)among other gorgeous buildings Chicago is known for. After I stopped giggling and gushing at the spectacular view of the place, the four of us relaxed into the living room and watched part of the Hardy Boys mysteries with Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson. I cannot believe I sported Shaun Cassidy on my shirt. He's kind of funny looking. He sounded like Mark Hamill. Saturday morning Mom and Dad (Caskey) arrived early. We all cleaned up, managed to eat a small breakfast, and took cabs to the river. We experienced one of Chicago's river tours. Very cool. We huddled in the hub (front) of the ship. It was a 90-minute tour. The buildings were gorgeous! Here's the website if you're interested: http://www.architecture.org/tour_view.aspx?TourID=8 We visited Millennium Park and then dined at this fantastic restaurant called Park Grill. Yum. Visit the site at www.millennium.org. I had a fantastic meal with salmon and fizzy water. Then the group went to the Water Tower. We bought purses and then I was feeling overwhelmingly tired. So my sister hailed a cab and brought me back to the apartment. And I slept the entire day and evening. I was wiped out! The next morning we sat around the table and talked and laughed. Steve and I then took off to see Mom and Dad Sigety. The four of us went to Applebee's and had a nice meal. We then went back to their house and relaxed. And it was nice. :) Now Steve and I are home with the kitties and catching up on email and blogs! Have a great week! Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts