Hot Grapes

Hi there, I do have an amusing story to share with you-- On Friday, I stopped at Martin's (grocery store) to pick up a few food items. I was hungry and the fruits and veggies looked especially tasty. So I picked up a bundle of delicious red grapes. -Fast forward to the checkout line- I'm in line and waiting and looking at the covers of the latest 'zines. I start absentmindly munching on the grapes. Munch munch munch. I thought there was no harm and I'm going to buy them anyway. Well, the problem was that grapes are weighed, and I pigged out on quite a few of them. So they were considerably lighter. Oops. I apologized to the checkout person and told her I would pay extra or may I make a donation to the store? She said she couldn't and that's okay. I felt so guilty! Maybe that's what Eve felt like after she sampled the proverbial apple. But she was more severely punished than I. Anyway, just an amusing snippet for you to read. Moral of the story: It's all sour grapes to me. (grin)

Comments

Popular Posts