Wax on, wax off

Hello there! Yes, I played hooky from taekwondo last night. It was too hot to spar and I will go on Friday again. I attended class on Monday, so I will have met my minimum of 2x per week. And I walked after dinner with the folks and gardened for an hour. (No guilt complex here. Ulp.) One of our taekwondo moves involves the famous "wax on, wax off" from the Karate Kid. (If you lived through the 1980s, you would remember.) Speaking of wax... Are you as tired as I am about summer grooming for the outdoors? Summer is great and bathing suit season is tolerable, but the grooming is annoying. I guess it's a tradeoff for not applying as much makeup. I need to buy stock in band-aids for the number of cuts obtained during the big shave. (In the Great Battle of the Pink Razor, the razor is usually victorious.) So when Steve and I picked up more drugs for this stubborn sinus infection that insists on taking a summer vacation inside my head, I perused the many aisles of beauty products. And then I saw the Isle of Wax. Hmmm. Maybe the band-aid days are over. I selected a tube (which included the facial wax as well) and went on our merry way. After I showered and dressed for bedtime, I thought it would be a good time to try the facial wax. It was too daunting to apply the leg wax. I read the large tube and it says do not apply to varicose veins or moles. (Great.) I can envision patches of smooth and patches of hair (reminds me of my hairy garden outside.) Well, I applied the sticky wax to my upper lip (whiskers are only cute if you're a cat) and the wax immediately started irritating my skin. Great. I take the soap and water and wash and wash and wash the area. Still sticky and burning. I read the directions. Wash with cold water. (I was using warm water.) Wash wash wash. I looked in the mirror and spotted a nice pink moustache from the wax attack. This is not the result I was looking for. So I applied petroleum jelly on my lip. Very sexy. I prayed I wouldn't get any wax residue in my eyes despite the multiple washings of my hands. I could just imagine going to the ER with my pink moustache and explaining to the doctor my dilemma. Luckily, I am just fine and woke up to normal skin today. So the moral of the story is: Wax on, wax off. Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts