Family Reunion, Leaves, Cold Sores, Purple Belts and Shards!

Hi there! Where has this month flown? Here are the highlights of this month so far: 1.) Family Reunion: After a community meeting, a person took me over to see my Great Aunt Helen. She had been asking for me, and I finally mustered the courage to go see her. (She is from Steve's side of the family.) She has recently suffered a stroke, and she was so happy to see me! We talked and cried together for a bit. She was also giving things away since she was trying to downsize. I felt very uncomfortable since I hadn't seen her in awhile, but she and our friend insisted. (I didn't want family heirlooms to go in goodwill in case any other family members needed it.) She gave me a lovely painting of Budapest from Hungary, and the back is inscripted in Hungarian. I did take the old album full of Hungarian postcards. 2.) We had our Falling Leaves Festival yesterday. It went well. Many kids had dental prints and fingerprints to stay safe! Around 200 participated. 3.) I know you'll sleep better tonight knowing this, but I have the mother of all cold sores! It is the most annoying, disgusting creature that perched on my lower right lip for a week. If I had a dollar for every person who asked me what happened to my lip, I could retire. I almost went out and bought black goth lipstick to cover the lovely sore. Someone asked me what I was going to be for Halloween and I replied "Herpes." She laughed out the door. 4.) Purple Belt! I am a purple belt! I went through the ceremony and belted up! Now I am working to promote to blue. Yeah! 5.) Shards--We discussed A Single Shard for book club tonight. Carrie is the hostess with the mostess! And I am going to host Swing: A Mystery by Rupert Holmes. I'm very excited! That's all for now! I promise I will post more soon! Love, Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts