Birthday and Lake Adventure Part One


Hello! It's been a great vacation! Turning 36 has been fun. Yay!

My parents, in-laws, and hubby and I went to a fun restaurant and then came back for presents. My wardrobe experienced a much-needed make-over.

Also, we went to the Lake on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday to run away from home and responsibility and relax. My folks generously offered up their summer place for a relaxing destination. It was fun. We packed our stuff, patted the grumpy kitties on their heads, filled their food bowls to the hilt, and left for a couple of days.

We had a false start--I forgot my keys halfway there so Steve and I returned back home. We finally arrive at our destination, ready to start our mini-getaway...

And I try the keys to the door. All the keys. Twice. Three times. None of them worked. I get on the cell phone and call home. During the adventure between Mom's call to Dad to Dad letting us in, we traveled to a Metropolis called Marcellus and found this darling library called Marcellus Township Library. Originally built in the 1920's, with red brick and a green roof. (And the bathroom works well, too.)

The staff member we talked to was quite friendly. All the staff worked there part-time. We arrived back to the Lake and were rescued by Dad. And so our adventure begins.
The photo was taken by Steve on our bike ride around the lake! This was a cool pagoda and it made for an interesting picture, especially with the color contrasts.

Stay tuned for the next installment of anniversary and vacation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Reflections on this Week