The Big Sleep... and Insomnia Attack!

Hi, It's 1:10 a.m. and I cannot sleep. The side effect of this medicine is insomnia. Well, at least I can catch up on my neglected blog. I sip on warm soymilk and watch Java and Latte torment one another. Jack, sprawled on the table, observes the whole thing. I slept for most of the day, with nurse Jack at my side or on my feet, occasionally licking my arm or nibbling on my nose to make sure I am still breathing. The last two weeks have been hectic. We've been short-staffed at my work and then I get sick. Not a mild case of sinusitis that I can live with and work through, but a knock-myself-off-my-kiester-and-on- the-couch infection. Add in a ripe case of UTI, and I am in hell. There's nothing like tinkling in technicolor. That's the meds at work. TMI, you say. But at least the backache is gone. And the worst thing, is that I wanted to go in today, but knew I won't make it through the day. And the guilt that follows that. (Sigh) A person I care about lost her husband last week. It was difficult to see her and her family suffer. Her husband was the same age as my dad. It was so sad. On a happier note, with a lot of help, we pull off a great program last Saturday. Over 1,000 cans donated and fees cleared. Thank goodness the rain cleared before the performances. I also sold an art piece at an auction for United Health Services. Three people bid on it and the price was $55.00! I donate half to UHS and keep the other half. That's all for now. I hope you all have a great weekend. Love, Lolo P.S. Em, G-Fest is Godzilla Fest. And I accidentally mixed up my cons (conventions). Steve attended GenCon (Short for Geneva Convention,which is now held in Indy.) My bad.

Comments

Popular Posts