Salmon Obsession, Shrimp, Sleep, and Taekwondo



Okay, the last I heard the salmon we ate last weekend was not smoked, not broiled, but roasted. These emails I am getting from my family concerning the eaten salmon are getting a bit, um, well--fishy. Ba-dam CRASH! (Drum taps followed by a cymbal crash.)

Thank goodness I finally slept last night! (It was more like passing out after a long but good day at library and then out with a friend.)

I have to tell you about my dear friend. I will refer to her as "M". I was tired on Friday and she treated me to dinner at a historical local eatery. We had a blast. The waitress who waited on us was young, pretty, and single with children. She was working very hard and was so sweet. My friend decided to make her day and left her a 50% tip! The waitress was so happy and said it made her week. That was really cool.

M and I discussed that you can tell a lot about a person's character by the way he or she treats the wait staff. (Unless, of course, you have an evil waitress or waiter. There's always an exception to the rule.)

Afterwards, we came back to my house and wrote a first page of a book. It's a chick-lit novel type that takes place in Chicago. Who knows what will come of it, but the writing exercise was a blast. And that's the whole point of writing... to enjoy the journey.

This morning I attended Hi-YA class and felt a little guilty I did not attend the morning fitness class. Sleep takes precedence, though, especially when there wasn't a lot coming my way. I'll try harder next week. I worked very hard today on my 360 round kicks and my legs feel the burn, baby!

More Later! Stay warm.

Love, Grasshopper
(My Sensai calls me this now.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Its that old joke

MASTER (to KUNG FU): You have done well, Grasshopper.

KUNG FU: Master, why to you call me Grasshopper?

MASTER: Because you as ugly as a bug!
usuallyemily said…
you are doing a great job! :)

Popular Posts